- Understand what situations make you feel stressed
- Understand what situations you can and cannot control
- Prepare for stressful events by thinking about the future
- Keep yourself healthy with good nutrition, exercise and regular relaxation
- Do happy things every day
- Consider the bigger picture when dealing with day-to-day stress
- Do one thing at a time
- Turn off the computer, switch off your mobile and have a relaxing bath or go for a massage
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Stress may be a part of life but your natural state can have serious negative effects on your health.
This can be hard to avoid in a world in which we are constantly on the go.
We've got a lot of luxuries, but not a lot of lifestyle any more.
If you're under a constant state of low-level stress the effect it has on your body is huge.
A lot of people will start snacking and not focus on their diet.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is the best defense you have against stress.
How to fight it
When those stressful times come along you can cope with them a lot better.
The key is to take it slow if you need to lessen the stress in your life.
Posted by Michiko Johnson at 11:14 AM